View Single Post
Old December 31 2009, 06:07 AM   #130
WHF
Captain

Re: TOS-Remastered: Fantastic, CGI: a waste of time

Haggis and tatties wrote: View Post
WHF wrote: View Post
Every original series DVD, including the very first single disc releases, are remastered.
Paramount released TOS non remastered in 2004 on 3 DVD box set that you can still buy, and i have them, they are not remastered versions, the cage on disc 7 is still a mix of coulor/black white just like the old cic videos.
I have these sets as well and they are remastered. If you look on the back of the cardboard packaging that it came in it says "..Beautifully remastered in pristine condition..."
Captain Robert April wrote: View Post
WHF wrote: View Post
Every original series DVD, including the very first single disc releases, are remastered.
Yes, a little something that's continually being missed.

The big difference in this case is that they've been remastered in high definition, and they've had new CGI effects added, WHICH IS A COMPLETELY DIFFERENT MATTER!

You'd think this group would be a little more technically savvy...
You are quite right, of course, that they have now been remastered in HD but the CGI is optional so one can still watch high definition remastered episodes without CGI. Maybe a better thread title would have been: CGI in TOS: a waste of time.