View Single Post
Old December 29 2009, 09:31 PM   #21
Thor Damar
Rear Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Thor Damar
Re: Sigils and Unions: Catacombs of Oralius--The Desolate Vigil

Have I expressed my admiration for your writing skills before? Because this is one of the finest examples of world building that I have seen in ST. As good, if not better, than AJR or Una McCormack. And I don't say that lightly.

Now that this junior Legate has performed the necessary sucking up to my Superior, it's time to get to the story.

Firstly, I would like to consider the non-verbal communications between Dukat and the Kurabda tribes-people. This is one of the most impressive aspects of your Cardassians and one that I feel should have been part of how the canonical Cardassians operated. I say that because the use of sign language imparts a sense of sensitivity and warmth to the stereotypically ruthless children of Prime. (ah, but to have seen Garak try to teach his favorite human the non-verbal language of Cardassia!). The humility and consideration that this Dukat showed though a mere smile and a quick nod is a wonderful element and testament to the real differences between him and 'Prime' Dukat.
(pun definitely intended)

Although I'm glad to see that no matter what universe he's in, Skrain Dukat has the same acid wit (and unstable temper).

Thor Damar is offline   Reply With Quote