View Single Post
Old December 26 2009, 07:24 PM   #501
Thor Damar
Rear Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Thor Damar
Re: Star Trek: Sigils and Unions--The Thirteenth Order

Firstly my most sincere apologies for not commenting on the latest and greatest update.

One of the things that really grabbed me was Macet's moral courage in taking full responsibility for the unpleasant but necessary duty that he had to perform, one cannot help but think that his cousin would have tricked his alien allies into doing it for him...

As for the article 58 I found it to be a perfect microcosm of what the Cardassians had become under the Union. Justice is no longer sought for the sake of protecting society and establishing the correct rule of law instead it is used to punish those deemed to be your enemies.
And the fact that it is based upon an old Soviet law is a nice little historical parallel. One of the strongest scenes in the entire fanfic, bravo!

(did you have a particular piece of music accompanying that moment NG? I can almost hear something martial yet somewhat sad playing in the background as Macet gives those orders...)

The battle scene was kickarse as always, but then I love seeing the Cardassians show of their tactical brilliance

I can't wait for the next installment.

(BTW, got to love the irony of the new hiding place of the order Gul Lemec would be royally hacked off!)

Thor Damar is offline   Reply With Quote