View Single Post
Old December 26 2009, 09:40 AM   #16
dragunzng
Rear Admiral

View dragunzng's Twitter Profile
Re: Best Opening Movie Credit sequence of the Century?

Christmasball wrote: View Post
TheMasterOfOrion wrote: View Post
While I loved JJ's drama and action packed take on Trek, I can't say I remember any credit sequence at all.
There was no credit sequence, but I thought it had a great title sequence and that was due mainly to the music. We hear "Enterprising Young Men" starting to build while the shuttles are adrift in space followed by the screen going dim. Then the delta appears with the title "STAR TREK" as the track hits its peak.
Yup, that title reveal gave me a shiver, great music there as well.

I'd have to say the the best title sequence on the list is either Watchmen or Sweeney Todd.

If we're not talking movies I'd say Carnivale, and if we're not speaking specifically of opening titles, I'd say Iron Man and Lemnony Snicket's "A Series of Unfortunate Events" had some great credits sequences.

T'Baio wrote: View Post
I've always adored the opening credits in Se7en.

Kyle Cooper did that one, and is a brilliant title designer...he also did the Spider-Man credit sequences and designed Marvel's flipbook logo. You know, the one DC ripped off.
I can't say I really liked the Spider-Man credit sequence. I do really like the Marvel flipbook logo though, and I remember wondering how on earth DC had the balls to rip it off so blatantly.