View Single Post
Old December 23 2009, 09:40 PM   #29
Robert Maxwell
Not Your Toy

View Robert Maxwell's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to Robert Maxwell Send a message via AIM to Robert Maxwell Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Robert Maxwell Send a message via Yahoo to Robert Maxwell
Re: Adobe the year 2009's most hacked software

Joy To The World wrote: View Post
Robert Maxwell wrote: View Post
Joy To The World wrote: View Post
Well I said it is priced for people that can afford it and are willing to pay for it. I know artist will pay thousands for a single brush.

So software experts tell me, is Photoshop priced correctly based on the amount of work that went into it?
That's irrelevant.

Since software can be duplicated an infinite number of times at virtually no cost, all that matters is how much you can get away with charging for it in order to maximize the number of paying customers.

Clearly, the high price of Photoshop is not enough of a deterrent to hurt Adobe's finances, so it must be worth the price to those who are paying.
It must have hurt it somewhat or else they would have never came out with Elements. They were trying to do something to seem the tide of pirated software.
They were trying to tap a more budget-conscious, hobbyist demographic. That's a good business strategy. They haven't dropped the price of PS itself, have they?
My blog
Robert Maxwell is online now   Reply With Quote