View Single Post
Old December 17 2009, 10:22 PM   #10
John Picard
Vice Admiral

Re: “Murmurs” Sci-Fi time-travel drama by CBS in development

Theorizing that one could time travel within his own lifetime, Doctor Sam Beckett led an elite group of scientists into the desert to develop a top secret project, known as QUANTUM LEAP. Pressured to prove his theories or lose funding, Doctor Beckett, prematurely stepped into the Project Accelerator and vanished. He awoke to find himself in the past, suffering from partial amnesia and facing a mirror image that was not his own. Fortunately, contact with his own time was made through brainwave transmissions, with Al, the Project Observer, who appeared in the form of a hologram that only Doctor Beckett could see and hear. Trapped in the past, Doctor Beckett finds himself leaping from life to life, putting things right, that once went wrong and hoping each time, that his next leap will be the leap home.
Thought I'd seen this concept before. There was another one -- early-1980's, where some time traveler had a device that blinked whenever there was a problem in the timeline, and then it shifted to green once he and his associate(s) fixed it.