View Single Post
Old December 14 2009, 05:01 PM   #466
Marie1
Rear Admiral

Re: Star Trek: Sigils and Unions--The Thirteenth Order

Noel Ghemor wrote: View Post
BTW, did it sound odd at all to you, as the Jem'Hadar expert, that Volet'aval might not be totally in love with the idea of losing his own life (i.e. hoping that perhaps his service can be teaching others in his "old" age)?
Slightly- because they aren't afraid to die- but as Goron'agar pointed out- death is it, so... then what? I'm sure there is lingering doubt that death won't glorify the Founders... or do anything... despite their mantra. And what if in surviving they could accomplish more? And what about when they know that deep down, they're dying for a stupid, Vorta-induced reason? They aren't idiots... as brought out by the Jem'Hadar's annoyance at having to ask permission before firing, wasting valuable time.

It stands to reason that Jem'Hadar would want to share their knowledge and experience with younger ones, whether it was just for fulfilling their duty or not.

My question about that installment is- is there a Vorta still on Volet'aval's ship? Did he get permission for the suicide run?
Vote: RA Avatar Contest #21!
"He sings lounges? I'm not familiar with that musical form."
-Taran'atar, DS9-R Mission Gamma 3 --Save Taran'atar!
Marie1 is offline   Reply With Quote