View Single Post
Old December 4 2009, 01:10 AM   #70
LutherSloan
Fleet Captain

Re: Star Trek: Titan - Synthesis: Discuss / Grade <SPOILERS>

Well, I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought many of the main characters were acting out of character and unusually hostile to everyone and everything. Vale and Keru especially seemed way too paranoid from even the beginning, after what was clearly a misunderstanding between a Sentry vessel and the Titan's crew. It seemed like Tuvok was the only one with a cool head, and he was off the ship for a good chunk of the book (plus, he's a Vulcan ).

It would have made more sense to me if this was the first post-Destiny Titan book, but it's the second. There was none of this hostility in 'Over a Torrent Sea' whatsoever. The crew was far more open to the squales and their unusual culture. I understand the whole Borg comparison thing with the Sentries, but several of the characters went WAY overboard.

Other than that issue, the plot was great, and I actually felt like this AI culture was well thought out and conceived. Interested to see how White-Blue fits into the crew.

I also thought, going into this book, that Riker was somehow going to be tempted again by Minuet in some fashion, considering the cover. Thankfully I was wrong.

Expand Medicare for All!!
LutherSloan is offline   Reply With Quote