View Single Post
Old December 2 2009, 06:39 PM   #38
cardinal biggles
THE ZEPPO

Send a message via ICQ to cardinal biggles Send a message via AIM to cardinal biggles Send a message via Yahoo to cardinal biggles
Re: Least favorite Firefly character

D Man wrote: View Post
For me it's Zoe. I never quite bought her chemistry with Wash until it was too late (her last few scenes in Serenity are terrific) and overall she never quite gelled with the rest of the characters, IMO. Nothing to do with the actress---I think all the show's actors were really great, but something about the writing just didn't click properly for me. Do you love all nine of 'em, or is there one you can single out as "least favorite?" Even if only a little.
I have to go with Zoe as well. She never got fleshed out compared to the other characters — even the ones like Book and River that they were trying to keep mysterious — and as a result, came across as a bit 2D. No negative reflection on Gina Torres; I enjoyed her portrayal. I think if Firefly had had a longer run than 14 episodes, one movie, and two comic book miniseries, we'd have eventually seen some more background for Zoe beyond "Mal's right hand."

And honestly, asking who's my least favorite Firefly character is like asking what's my least favorite flavor of ice cream.
"For those of you playing the home game, this is what is known as a 'Prince Albert'. And I'm sure that was his last wish. 'Victoria, I'm dying. I want you to name a museum, a performance hall, and a bolt through the cock after me.'"
—Robin Williams, Live on Broadway
cardinal biggles is offline   Reply With Quote