View Single Post
Old December 1 2009, 09:30 PM   #34
Butters
Captain

Re: A Hater Revisits nuWho

USS Bones wrote: View Post
Well, there's just this obvious thing with new Doctor Who where there are more gay references forced in than there would be if they weren't trying, and it just feels so obvious and grating. I want to make clear I'm in no way a homophobe, but it's just irritating. Like they're pushing the agenda.
I used to feel this way until I took a moment to consider what this gay agenda might be. Perhaps the agenda is to help create a world inwhich people can feel comfortable with themselves and their sexuality, and dare to love the ones their heart's desire without fear of discrimination, or intimidation. When you look at it that way, how can it be a bad thing?

So kids learn about same sex relationships, so what? The worst that can happen is that, when they're older, they feel comfortable reaching out, or reciprocating, but how is that hurting anything or anyone?

There are matters of taste, always, but I have no right to be offended by someone elses preferences, nor does anyone else, and a family show, such as Dr Who is, is as good a place as any to teach these values.
Butters is offline   Reply With Quote