View Single Post
Old December 1 2009, 10:48 AM   #16
Bones
Commodore

Re: A Hater Revisits nuWho

I can understand that the episode had a lot to do and live up to, and it could have worked. But I can't emphasise enough how the lame attempts at humour at every turn ruined it for me.

As for Eccleston's Doctor, I don't like him. However, I haven't seen any of the first series since it first aired (aside from Rose yesterday), so I'm going to give him a chance. But going by this episode, he seems even more unlikeable than I remember. And because of the way he is here, it then negates most of the intrigue the episode tries to build up around him.

I also remember that straight after this was broadcast and the viewing figures were in, it was announced that a second series was to be commissioned. I'd have thought it would make more sense to wait until the broadcast figures for the second episode, because then you see how many people have come back for more, but that's a moot point anyway. This Doctor Who has proven itself popular with a modern audience.
I keep getting banned. If it happens again to the point of no return (and you miss me so much that you're off your food), I can still be found among the cool dudes of the Anorak Zone: http://anorakzoneforum.informe.com/forum/
It's No Gahy Test.
Bones is offline   Reply With Quote