View Single Post
Old November 24 2009, 09:38 AM   #108
CaptainSarine
Commander

Re: SW AU - A Glimmer of Hope

Hi all,

Thanks for your comments, sorry it has taken me so long to respond!

The Badger

Glad you found this intense and dramatic, that was what I was aiming for.

Yes, things are not looking up for our rebels. A bad feeling indeed...

Avenger

Thanks! I'm glad you liked the intensity of the chapter, as well as the cunning planning of the Emperor and Tarkin. I thought some people should stay the same, no matter the universe, and one of those was Wedge who remain a great pilot and a member of the Rogues.

Nerys

Thanks so much! Yeah, this is a huge coup/opportunity for the Empire, allowing them to get rid of a major enemy and make a statement to the rest of the galaxy. When the Alliance finds out that Padme is dead...

And yes, I thought this was a better, stronger end for Padme - dying while fighting for what she believed in rather than allowing herself to be murdered by her own husband.

Gojirob

Thanks! Glad you also preferred this version of Padme's death. By the by, I did get your pm and I will definitely have a look at your Ancient Destroyer cycle as soon as the month of November is finished!

Admiral Young

No, neither Anakin nor Obi-wan (if of course he survived that fall) will be pleased when they hear of Padme's death.

How cool that you heard the Dark Side theme! The Glimmer of Hope... Well, I suppose for now there hasn't really been one, but that was kind of the idea of calling it A 'glimmer' of Hope and not a 'New' hope - there isn't actually much hope and may not be much by the end.

Tarkin is definitely more ruthless and powerful here than he was in 'our' universe. As to whether Daala still exists and is shacked up in the Maw Installation... Wait and See!

Thanks again to all of you for your comments,

Joel