Thread: Shatnerverse
View Single Post
Old November 23 2009, 07:15 AM   #6
KHAAAN!
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Re: Shatnerverse

Captain Randy Hall wrote: View Post
KHAAAN! wrote: View Post
I am new here, so forgive me if this is covered in another post.

I'm currently re-reading all of the "shatnerverse" novels and I'm wondering if anyone else has any comments on the series.

I read them a long time ago and listening to them now (I have them on audiobook as well), I'm finding the writing just a tad corny, even though past books by Judith and Garfield Reeves-Stevens have been great. (I'm thinking of Federation to specific) Maybe it's just the one I'm on (Avenger). I really loved them when they first came out and devoured them as quick as they came out.

I also really enjoyed the new book Collision Course, even though the new movie sort of made it moot. (But as a the shatnerverse goes that doesn't really matter) I'm really excited for follow up books.

Anyway, I just wanted to discuss this somewhere, so dish it out good or bad.
I too liked the Shatnerverse, particularly when Shatner did the audio books. My all-time favorite was "The Ashes of Eden," but I liked them all. I was sorry to see the series end, but I enjoyed them while I had them.
It's really awesome hearing Shatner do all of the voices to every character. I have to break out laughing sometimes I can't control myself.
KHAAAN! is offline   Reply With Quote