View Single Post
Old November 23 2009, 05:13 AM   #42
shivkala
Rear Admiral

Re: Stories that don't need zombies?

Cutter John wrote: View Post
Naturally, adding zombies to The Clone Wars would be... interesting. Though any Jedi could make short work of an army of the walking dead. Zombie Emperor of Dune...hmmm....

Going by what Obi-Wan said about the Force ("The Force is what gives a Jedi his powers. It's an energy field created by all living things. It surrounds us, penetrates us, it binds the galaxy together."), I kind of figure that Zombies are immune to the Force. Since they are the undead, they don't add to the Force and in my opinion, can't be directly affected by it, either (I view it this way, if a Jedi were to "Force Blast" a Zombie, it wouldn't work, but, of course, if they were to use the Force to throw something at a Zombie, it'd hit the Zombie. I think it goes without saying that the Jedi Mind Trick wouldn't work on a Zombie).

I've clearly given this way too much thought.
"When I reach for the edge of the universe, I do it knowing that along some paths of cosmic discovery, there are times when, at least for now, one must be content to love the questions themselves." --Neil deGrasse Tyson
shivkala is offline   Reply With Quote