J. Allen wrote:
I mean, there are things in this movie that drive me up the wall, but there are moments where the movie really shines.
* I love the Riker/Troi wedding party. Even when I first saw the movie I said to myself "It's about time!".
* Tom Hardy as Shinzon - You know, I don't think the guy gets enough credit. Sure his motivation was a bit, well, confusing, but I think he played the part very well.
* The special effects in this movie were extremely well done. To me, it's one of the best things about the movie.
* Commander Donatra. ..okay, well I have this thing for Romulan women. :P
* The opening sequence. I loved the feel of the opening sequence. To me it's the best opening sequence since Star Trek VI (but not as good as TFF's).
So, what did you like about the movie (and I will say this right now, please, no "the credits rolling" or anything similar as answers).
The wedding was ok.
Commander Donatra was the standout for me. Excellent performance.
Some of the bridge displays were good (eg the shield indicators weren't ludicrous like in TWOK) - it seemed as if someone actually paid attention to that kind of thing for once.
The movie wasn't a complete
steaming pile. It did have moments.