View Single Post
Old November 19 2009, 07:21 PM   #101
CaptainSarine
Commander

Re: SW AU - A Glimmer of Hope

USS Avenger

Now what makes you think poor obi is dead?? No comment...

Gojirob

1 - What a great idea for an episode of TCW! It would be bitterly ironic if Obi-wan tries to talk Anakin out of staying, only for that to be exactly what pushes Ani to the Dark Side.

2 - I checked out some pictures from River Kwai, and I can definitely see my obi-wan in that way. However, I also like Admiral Young's suggestion of simply an older Ewan McGregor. So I'd say you can imagine him either way!

Nerys

Yes, Anakin's breathing apparatus is temporary, like an inhaler and he has to have various medical procedures to help. And yes, Anakin's body is just as damaged, but in a different way (lightning attack as opposed to lava)

Admiral Young

Wow! Thank you so much, I am hugely touched that this is your favourite thing to read on the internet. That really means a lot!!

Yes, I can see an older Ewan McGregor, though also a less old Alec Guiness as well. It's up to you how you want to read/see/hear him in your heads.

I'm glad you like the Ani/Obi relationship - what you mentioned about the Lucas intention in Attack of the Clones, beginning of Revenge is exactly what I was aiming at.

As to the Sun Crusher vs. Death Star debate... I guess we'll see!

The Badger

Thank you so much! Great to have another commentator who enjoyed it.

Well, more coming tonight or tomorrow, a pretty intense chapter if I do say so myself. Can't wait to read all your thoughts!

Joel