View Single Post
Old November 17 2009, 04:20 PM   #97
Gojirob
Rear Admiral

Re: SW AU - A Glimmer of Hope

CaptainSarine wrote: View Post
Hi Gojirob,

Thanks for the comment. Glad you enjoyed the chapter. To answer your questions:

1 - Not really. Although he tells himself that it is for their own good and he does not want anyone to link him with the Anakin Skywalker, it is mainly because he has no real reason to. Beyond his mother, he has nothing in common with these people.

2 - I pictured my Obi-wan as Alec Guiness, although a slightly fitter, leaner, meaner Alec Guiness. So yes, I guess he has aged slightly better, mainly from being more active than the Obi-wan who lived as a hermit.

That's a good idea for a weapon for this Empire. Of course, I've never said that there was a Death Star in this universe. Or any major weapon... So...

Thanks again for the comment!

Joel
1 - I always pictured, based on epsiodes 2 and 4, that there must have been a time, perhaps Krieg's funeral, wherein Owen tried to talk Ani into just staying on with them. Obi-Wan, who is with him, fights against this, even though a war-weary Ani deeply considers it. Maybe an ep of TCW will show this.

2 - I see him as he was in Bridge On The River Kwai, maybe a bit older.