Old November 12 2009, 09:47 PM   #23
Daneel
Rear Admiral

Re: Cast T'Pol's father

iguana_tonante wrote: View Post
Daneel wrote: View Post
Mr. Laser Beam wrote: View Post

Eh?
There's speculation amongst some fans that T'Pol's dad was a Romulan -- I think it came from her mother's dying words (I don't recall exactly what she said, but I think it was something about there being a reason T'Pol always had more difficulty suppressing her emotions than most Vulcans).
I don't see the connection. Vulcan emotional suppression is an acquired skill (one that comes with great sacrifice, too), not a biological distinctiveness.
Yeah, I tend to agree with you there -- I just couldn't think of anywhere else fans were getting this idea from. Plus I wouldn't put it past the writers to suggest that the Vulcan suppression of emotion had some sort of a basis in their biology -- or at least had become something of a biological trait over the past 1800 years. It doesn't make much sense, I know, but I could see the notion being presented -- although perhaps I'm wrong about that.

Regardless, now that I know one of the Beebs mentioned it too, I guess that explains where the fans got the idea (if not T'Les' statements).
Daneel is offline   Reply With Quote