View Single Post
Old November 12 2009, 09:18 AM   #60
Turtletrekker
Vice Admiral

Re: Spider-Man Post Brand New Day

I recently picked up the hardcover of American Son. It was the first ASM purchase that I had made since before OMD, and I bought it more for the Dark Reign aspect than anything else.

And... I have to say that it's one of, if not the best, Spider-Man story I've read in a long time. Peter's bond with Harry was something that had been missing for a while, and Harry's return is the one thing that I can look the other way about concerning the new timeline with just some mild annoyance.

Of course, I never liked JMS Spider-Man even a little bit, so that might color my perceptions a little. Pre-OMD, I bought the Marvel Knights book, and then the Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man book. Just one book a month. Like I said upthread, the decision to bump ASM to three times a month was as big a factor in my decision to drop the book as anything else. Have mercy on me Marvel, these thing's ain't as cheap as they used to be!