View Single Post
Old November 9 2009, 01:36 PM   #31
The Borgified Corpse
Admiral

Location: Ouch! Forgotten already? You were just down there 20 minutes ago.
Re: The Captain is never my favorite

OldManDax wrote: View Post
DS9: It's ironic, that despite the shows' conscious attempt to do things different than its predecessors, I still wound up liking the shows' big three - Odo, Kira and Sisko - the most.
I wasn't aware that DS9 had a big 3, certainly not in the same way that you had Kirk/Spock/McCoy on The Original Series or Archer/T'Pol/Trip on Enterprise.

Nerys Ghemor wrote: View Post
DevilEyes wrote: View Post
I agree. He doesn't really have the charisma and presence required.

Who would you have cast as Archer?
Well, I'm truly not sure about that--I would love to see suggestions.
I think it would be interesting to see what would have happened if Scott Bakula & Connor Trineer had switched roles.

Temis the Vorta wrote: View Post
There are more other characters than captains, so it's normal that the captain might never be your favorite.
Perhaps. Although, considering they tend to get more screentime than the others, you'd think that they would at least rank higher on my list. Captain Kirk is the only one that even broaches the top 3.

On a good day, Captain Picard would be 4th on the list, behind Commander Riker, Data, & Worf. On bad days, he sinks to 7th, behind Geordi LaForge, Beverly Crusher, & Guinan.

Captain Sisko was a great character. But DS9 was so flush with great characters, Captain Sisko finds himself in 2nd to last place. (The perplexing main character status of Jake Sisko is the only thing that keeps Ben out of the cellar.)

Most days, the only good thing I can say about Janeway is, "Well, at least she's not as useless as Neelix."

Captain Archer never gets any higher than 5th place for me, and that's only because Travis Mayweather never got any screentime and I can't stand T'Pol. (She was too cranky to be a good Vulcan and not nearly as sexy as the marketing people seemed to think she was. Give me Hoshi any day.)