View Single Post
Old November 9 2009, 03:39 AM   #29
DevilEyes
Rear Admiral

View DevilEyes's Twitter Profile
Re: The Captain is never my favorite

Nerys Ghemor wrote: View Post
DevilEyes wrote: View Post
I agree. He doesn't really have the charisma and presence required.

Who would you have cast as Archer?
Well, I'm truly not sure about that--I would love to see suggestions.

I do admit, though, I have a fantasy of seeing what Marc Alaimo would do if given a true good-guy role to play...
Somehow I had a feeling you would say that...

You're not the first to suggest that on TrekBBS, and it's a really interesting idea, but I'm not sure if it wouldn't have been weird - Trek does recycle actors a lot, but his voice is so recognizable, plus he spent a lot of season 7 practically without makeup. :-/

But anyway, why not give the man a big, substantial good guy role for once? Maybe even (shock! surprise!) as a human? Stupid typecasting. Do you know what they offered him on ENT, as far as I've heard? A Nausican on "Fortunate Son" which he turned down because there's even more makeup than for a Cardassian, but if you've seen the episode, you know that both Nausican roles in the episode are bleh, pretty much anyone could have played them. I'm guessing it was the captain, an antagonist speaking over the comm link - been there, done that. Of course he declined. No need to bother with getting into that makeup for those kind of roles.

my Buffy/Angel rewatch

Last edited by DevilEyes; November 9 2009 at 03:57 AM.
DevilEyes is offline   Reply With Quote