View Single Post
Old November 8 2009, 07:40 PM   #78
J. Allen
Science Is Magic™

Send a message via ICQ to J. Allen Send a message via AIM to J. Allen Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to J. Allen Send a message via Yahoo to J. Allen
Re: What did you like about Nemesis?

JarodRussell wrote: View Post
Should have been at the end of the movie, though. After all the troubles, action and death, a positive happy ending, on Betazed, with a beautiful alien landscape in background, and the movie closes with the departure of the Enterprise and the Titan while the sun sets on Betazed, both ships jumping to warp, but into different directions.
I like your idea of the ending, but I'm not sure about the wedding being at the end. After Data dying, I was seriously depressed for a while and I don't think the wedding would have helped.

Cyke101 wrote: View Post
One thing that sticks out to me: We FINALLY get to see Riker the Action Hero again, just as he was in TNG. In Generations, we didn't see him do much other than a brief firefight with Soran. First Contact had him (somewhat uncharacteristically, for both him and Picard) leading the Away Team assigned to the Phoenix, but that's understandable all things considered. In Insurrection, he was actually turned away from fighting in order to captain the ship.

But in Nemesis, we FINALLY get to see him lead a security detachment with phasers blaring. We FINALLY get to see him fight one of the main villains in H2H. We FINALLY get to see him in some absurdly cinematic peril, all of which we saw constantly in TNG but not in the films. He even manages to avenge his wife's rape, too, in full dramatic circle. All I have to say is, Go Riker!
Oh yeah. Riker was and still is one of my favorite characters on TNG. It was nice to see him kicking ass again.

J.
Brony Kingdom
J. Allen is online now   Reply With Quote