View Single Post
Old November 7 2009, 12:39 PM   #62
JarodRussell
Vice Admiral

Re: What did you like about Nemesis?

SRFX wrote: View Post
The dune buggy scene is idiotic. That whole sequence could have been removed in favour of more character scenes.

I mean, I can almost accept starfleet making a wheeled vehicle (and from the sound of it, it ran on something more sophisticated than an internal combustion engine), so I am OKAY with it. BUT WHY THE HELL WOULD THE REMANS ALSO HAVE CARS?! That makes NO sense.

Hell, if the scene was deemed absolutely necessary (it's not), then give the Remans hover vehicles - at least that would've been something more exciting/dynamic/made sense.
And it would have made the Remans appear much more sophisticated than the Federation.

The whole buggy thing was really stupid.

SRFX wrote: View Post
Note: The holodeck scene in First Contact was pretty pointless too: but it was at least a nice Dixon Hill homage for TNG fans to enjoy.
I don't think so. It showed Picard's full rage and that he really had big issues with the Borg that needed to be solved, and he got the neural something chip to get to know their next move, and well then it had both the purpose of a homage for TNG fans and an introduction for new audience that they have holodecks in the 24th century. Not pointless at all.

The dune buggy scene on the other hand... they pick up B4, and we get to know that Picard likes to drive fast cars, and that's about it.
JarodRussell is offline   Reply With Quote