View Single Post
Old November 7 2009, 12:35 AM   #46
J. Allen
Best Pony™

Send a message via ICQ to J. Allen Send a message via AIM to J. Allen Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to J. Allen Send a message via Yahoo to J. Allen
Re: What did you like about Nemesis?

JarodRussell wrote: View Post
Watched a few scenes again... aw, everyone looks so goddamn tired in this movie. Even in the wedding scene, which should actually be a very happy moment, everyone is looking like they don't want to be there. And when we see the Enterprise the first time, the theme is played in a very sad and bitter way. No wonder that the movie bombed.

The Undiscovered Country was a send off movie, too. But it was energetic, the music was positive (dark, but positive). Not sad, not tired.
True, some of them looked tired, but I see that as a part of the movie's point. Picard is tired, because he's losing his "right hand" and his "conscience", and they are moving on to bigger and better things. Actually, Patrick Stewart said it best in his interview. That being said, the dune buggy scene was quite energetic and one of my favorite moments is where Data is talking about unsafe velocities and Picard's just enjoying the hell out of himself.

J.
-=- My Patron Saint is Twilight Sparkle -=-
J. Allen is offline   Reply With Quote