View Single Post
Old November 6 2009, 06:53 AM   #36
Rainbow Dash
Rainbow Horse Man

Send a message via ICQ to Rainbow Dash Send a message via AIM to Rainbow Dash Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Rainbow Dash Send a message via Yahoo to Rainbow Dash
Re: What did you like about Nemesis?

USS Bones wrote: View Post
It's good to see more people coming out and saying what they liked, here. When I first joined this forum, it looked like every second topic in the Movies forum was aimed at bashing Nemesis. Personally, I like the film a lot. I don't love it, but I do like it a lot. I think a lot of the hate aimed at it may be because it performed so badly, and seemed to spell the end for Trek at the movies.
I think that was part of it. It was lukewarm and bad reviews mixed with despair, and I think it created a potent backlash against Rick Berman/Brannon Braga/Paramount in general. Now, I do believe Stuart Baird deserves a lot of the crap thrown at him, because I think he did a terrible job in fleshing out the movie. Some of the best scenes were cut, the story is just told in as pedestrian a manner as possible, and it is known that he, quite frankly, didn't care about the movie itself, and when you as the Director lack passion, the movie will lack it.

J.

"...if you got rid of all the autism genetics, you wouldn't have science or art. All you would have is a bunch of social ‘yak yaks.'" - Temple Grandin
-=-=-=-=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Brony Kingdom
Rainbow Dash is offline   Reply With Quote