View Single Post
Old November 5 2009, 01:51 AM   #46
Nerys Ghemor
Vice Admiral

Re: Star Trek: Titan - Synthesis: Discuss / Grade <SPOILERS>

Dark Gilligan wrote: View Post
Defcon wrote: View Post
Yeah, because heaven forbids that there's diversity in the Trek line.
Diversity is one thing, a series devoted to PAD's injokes is quite another. It seems rather self-serving.
BINGO. It's...well, fanwanking. In a pretty literal sense.

BTW, to Mr. Swallow, I actually think not acknowledging that potential "relationship" with Hsuuri (or Hriss?) was a good move and I'm glad you didn't fix them up. I just don't think he was ready and I truly couldn't see them as a couple, either. Tolerance and even appreciation of others and their cultural values is one thing and Zurin seems VERY good at that (I LOVED his setting the whole "crustacean vs. arachnid" thing straight!)...being a couple is a whole other animal.

I'm not sure who I see him with, though. On the other hand, I don't think everybody HAS to be "with" somebody in order to be a complete person, either. He's young and possibly has a lifespan longer than a human would--he's got more than enough time to relax and wait for the right person to come along.