View Single Post
Old November 4 2009, 02:49 PM   #68
thew40
Commander

Re: Treking through all Star Trek

You guys are getting a two-fer-one deal today, as these nexy episodes were horrendously bad and I just want to post both reviews and get them out of the way.

Series: Enterprise – Season Two
Episode: “A Night In Sickbay”
Trek Installment # 30
Grade: D -
Viewing Date: October 12, 2009

An episode that is so bad, it’s good. Archer acts like a dick, T’Pol is the voice of reason, and Phlox just acts goofy. That being said, the only good part about it is the characterization on Phlox’s part and that’s the only thing that makes it a D- and not an F.

The whole Archer/T’Pol concept is "okay." Does it make any sense? No. Has it had any build-up? No. Has there been anything in their shared history that would make me think that he could have the hots for her? Not really. He's been warming up to her, yes. Starting to respect her and understand both her and Vulcan a lot more. But there has been NOTHING to indicate that his feelings towards her boarders on anything more than platoinic. Even if just finds he sexy, it doesn't make sense that he would just up and bothered by it.

Argh.

The Porthos plot that holds the story together is forced, at best. Everything else is just dumb. The Kreetassans are a really idiotic race that needs to just . . . ugh. Just a shitty episode. Let’s move on please.

------------

Series: Enterprise – Season Two
Episode: “Marauders”
Trek Installment # 31
Grade: F
Viewing Date: October 12, 2009

I liked this episode better when it was “Seven Samurai” and “The Magnificent Seven.” Not only was this episode a complete and total rip-off of these films, it also continues to make the Klingons look like nothing more than dumbass bullies. Terrible, awful, and just a waste of my time.

And why come up with a brand-new race for these people? Why not instead use a more interest and non-traditional species that we’ve only maybe seen in the background once or twice like Arcadia or Grazerite or Arbazan or Shamin? Lame.

Treking Through All Star Trek
Watching all Star Trek in chronological order
thew40 is offline   Reply With Quote