View Single Post
Old October 30 2009, 03:33 AM   #35
bbailey861
Admiral

Re: Should There Be A Blu Ray Of The Animaited Series?

I am not Spock wrote: View Post
bbailey861 wrote: View Post
I am not Spock wrote: View Post
Speaking of TAS, have the regular DVDs sold out? I should have picked it up when it first came out. I can't find it anywhere now.
It is in stock at amazon.ca. Don't know if they will ship down under or if the region code will work for you or not but it is worth a shot.

As for redoing ST:TAS, or putting it on Blu-ray, no I don't think so. I like it just the way I remember it. I would like to see a whole new animated series done, though. Same quality as The Clone Wars.

Byron
Thanks. I'll keep an eye out for it.

I haven't actually seen all of TAS before. It's the only Trek I haven't seen all of. Is it worth seeking out?
I certainly think so. The stories done are quite good and in a few of the cases very good. It was (and still is) especially rewarding to hear those voices again. Despite the lack of movement of the characters, something inherent to Filmation productions, it is a fair representation of the animation done during that period. I have watched them more than once and tend now to visualize the episodes on my own. The extras are a good bonus as well. The only thing I am disappointed about is that it didn't manage to last another season or two. As I mentioned above, with the resurgence of animation, it may be a great time to rethink and redo another animated Star Trek series. Possibly with one of the newer series as opposed to an entirely new one since the actors are still around and kicking. They may command too much for their services, though.

Byron
bbailey861 is offline   Reply With Quote