View Single Post
Old October 29 2009, 10:15 PM   #38
Thrall
Commodore

Re: Spider-Man Post Brand New Day

Ayelbourne wrote: View Post
No matter how good the stories might have become, they're still stories told about a dude who made a deal with the devil.
I don't give a damn about this new Peter Parker anymore, so I don't read BND-Spider-man.
I switched over to USM instead. At least that Peter is still likable.
Again, where was this fan outrage before OMD? Where Quesada:

1)Spent a whole year trying to get MJ and Peter broken up, hoping the fans would accept it. But unlike mindless lemming X-Men fans, Spider-Man fans told him to fuck off. Not JMS's greatest moment btw.

2)Angered at the fan rejection, sought revenge by shitting all over Pete's other great love Gwen Stacy by having her pity fuck Norman Osbourne. The guy should have been done as EIC after that. No if's, and's, or but's about it. I can't believe fans weren't as upset about that as they were OMD. One of the reason I just can't take Marvel fans seriously anymore.

3) Had his boy toy Mark Millar reveal Pete's secret identity to the world. And then had the audacity to call it brilliant.

4)Actually published that piece of shit, Reign. A lame, Dark Knight Returns ripoff that didn't even try to hide it. In which Pete's Spider Semen poisons Mary Jane. Yes that's right. Peter Parker literally fucks Mary Jane to death. Just proving that that motherfucker has no shame and really, really hates Spider-Man. I wonder if it was the money shot that killed her. I think her face probably melted off like that Nazi dude at the end of Raider of The Lost Ark. But again, I'm probably just giving Quesada ideas.

They did all this to Pete, and much more during Quesada's reign of terror. But selling his soul to the Devil is what offends people? Really? That's what finally made people turn on Quesada? Really? Becuase that's nothing compared to what he did to him prior to that.