View Single Post
Old October 29 2009, 02:02 AM   #57
Hober Mallow
Commodore

Location: The planet Terminus, site of the Encyclopedia Foundation on the periphery of the galaxy
Re: I, Borg and Descent

Anwar wrote: View Post
What, like some sappy BS of two people who fall in love, get married, get divorced and yet still have to work together over a course of years? This isn't a soap opera.
No, like "Tapestry," "Inner Light," "Yesterday's Enterprise," "The Big Goodbye," "Cause and Effect," "Paralells," "The Measure of a Man," "The First Duty." I never saw a VOY episode that even approached that level of quality, and most of those episodes didn't offer a "villain." Or take nearly every "Twilight Zone" episode. You don't need a mustache-twirling villain to make a good story.

You've made a lot of excuses for why they couldn't do anything that actually supported the premise they created for the series. If they didn't want to do any of those things, maybe they should have come up with a different premise, something they actually intended to flesh out in a natural and believeable way.

I'm saying that it wasn't the writing that caused the negative reaction, I don't know what did cause it but it wasn't the writing.
Whether you can accept it or not is, as the Borg would say, irrelevent. It was the writing that caused my negative reaction.