Old October 28 2009, 05:23 AM   #47
RyuRoots
Fleet Captain

View RyuRoots's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to RyuRoots
Re: I, Borg and Descent

Anwar wrote: View Post
Hober Mallow wrote: View Post
Anwar wrote: View Post
Well, it was inevitable in VOY's case since because otherwise they'd all be dead in 15 seconds. And in case you'll say "then use another enemy", they tried that repeatedly and in every case it failed due to negative audience reaction (NOT because of the writing).
You can speak for yourself. My problem with Voyager's aliens was indeed the writing. The execution of a unique and interesting alien race all comes down to the writing.
Yeah, and what exactly was the problem with the writing? I keep hearing "bad writing" this and "Bad writing" that, without any examples. What constitutes good writing to you, having every battle result in tons of extras dead and VOY having to run away like a pack of cowards every single time, thus emasculating everyone? Have the Vidiian Phage be some massive plague spread through the DQ and eat up their Makeup budget? Have the Borg destroy VOY in 5 seconds? Just what do you want? I want hard examples here.
There are these things called "opinions", Anwar. They mean that someone else can feel differently than you but neither of you are objectively wrong. You're just going on your "haters, waaaaah" BS without actually saying it. People aren't demanding to know WHY you think something is well-written. Give people the same basic courtesy.

Regarding the Borg and VOY:
No, they weren't in a no-win situation. The way out? Don't use the Borg much! The Gift even gave them an easy out in that Kes propelled them well outside Borg space. Does that mean they have no possibility of encountering them again? Of course not. But it gives a plausible reason not to encounter them too often. Not that they took it.

And they NEED a constant enemy, huh? Don't guess you've seen much TOS or TNG.

And, most of all, writing quality is subjective. I don't think you know what that word means, so take your time and go look in a dictionary.

Last edited by RyuRoots; October 28 2009 at 05:35 AM.
RyuRoots is offline   Reply With Quote