View Single Post
Old October 28 2009, 12:00 AM   #59
thew40
Commander

Re: Treking through all Star Trek

GhostFaceSaint wrote: View Post
So thew40, when do you plan to start watching season 2?
I actually already completed season two. I gave myself a review buffer so in case I fall behind, I've got plenty of reviews to put up. Which is good, actually, because it'll be another two weeks (or less) before I can get seasons three and four.

Cat in a blender wrote: View Post
We appear to have the opposite opinions in almost every matter, thew. I didn't like the Temporal Cold War (with the exception of Detained), and thought it only got worse, while I loved The Andorian Incident and Shadows of P'Jem. I thought Dessert Crossing was OK and Breaking the Ice too. I love the portrayal of the Vulcans. It gave Enterprise a new culture to explore (I think the reason Tuvok had so little to do on Voyager was that Spock had already done it all, and by changing the Vulcans they avoided this with T'pol) and it really showed they have changed a lot since joining the Federation. My favourite episode of the season was The Andorian Incedent, and my least favourite Unexpected (the teaser was funny though).
Different strokes for different folks.
I'm not a huge fan of the Temporal Cold War, to be honest. I would rather not have it there at all. That being said, since it is there, the execution of the involved episodes are pretty good.

In terms of the Vulcans, I don't think I would mind it nearly as much if their overbearing-ness wasn't being rammed down my throat all the time. But I do agree -- it does illustrate just how much they have changed since joining the Federation.

As for your reviews, they're pretty good, but usually a bit short.
This is a fault I'm aware of. It can be hard to review, sometimes. I often look at threads like TheGodBen's or other reviews, find myself sharing certain viewpoints, and just kinda say to myself "well, if I write it, wouldn't look like I'm just copying what they're saying?" It's strange, I know, but meh . . .

On the other hand, sometimes I just don't have a lot to say or what I plan on saying I'm saving for later episodes.

Anyways, it's something I'm aware of and something I'm trying to get better at. It's a little too late for season two (though some of the reviews are longer), but when I hit season three, I'll strive on details.

Hopefully, I'll just keep getting better at reviewing. Heck, by the time I get to Star Trek XI, I should be a pro!

Treking Through All Star Trek
Watching all Star Trek in chronological order
thew40 is offline   Reply With Quote