View Single Post
Old October 27 2009, 06:32 AM   #44
Arix
Lieutenant Commander

Re: DS9 Forum Welcome Thread: Hello fellow Niners!

Hi everyone, I joined up a few days ago and jumped into posting a few things without introducing myself first!

So now I shall belatedly do so!

I'm Arix and I grew up watching Star Trek - my Mum still remembers being pregnant with me and watching TNG on TV (I'm still a teenager ). I didn't watch any of the shows while they were first airing on TV, but I do remember renting the later seasons of Voyager on video in my school holidays - it was my first series.

Roughly 5 - 6 years ago, my Dad bought season 1 of TNG on DVD, and my family and I would watch an episode almost every night... soon enough we bought season 2, then season 3... and now our Star Trek DVD collection has everything from season 1 of TOS through to season 4 of Enterprise - including all 10 movies, soon to be 11 when the new movie comes out on Blu-ray at the end of the week!

DS9 is my favourite, though I love every series - I definitely consider myself a Trekkie.

I last rewatched DS9 around the beginning of 2008, though a few months ago I did re-rewatch up to the middle of season 2. Oh, and I'm also an avid reader (again, blame my Dad), together we own... I'd estimate 200 Trek books, and I've read all of the DS9 relaunch and LOVE IT.

We're a bit strapped for cash atm though, so I've been holding off buying any new Trek books for over a month now - so this forum will have to be my Trek fix until Christmas.

That's pretty much all you guys need to know about me, I'm looking forward to being a part of this forum (TrekBBS in general, and this DS9 section in particular)
Arix is offline   Reply With Quote