View Single Post
Old October 26 2009, 11:31 PM   #4
Bob The Skutter
Complete Arse Cleft

View Bob The Skutter's Twitter Profile
Re: Ghostwatch Halloween 1992(BBC One)

Zyborg Ragescream wrote: View Post
I remember seeing it when it first aired. It was very well put together indeed.

As for the parallels to Blair Witch, I feel it owes more to Orson Welles's War of the Worlds radio drama.
You are correct, it probably owes a lot to that. It obviously can't owe anything to Blair Witch since it was a long time before Blair Witch was even made I wish there was the opportunity for more shows like this to be made. But I guess it'd be hard in the age of the internet.

Serial Thread Killer I was 10 at the time too, I can't remember how it came about but it was just me, my brother and sister watching it on our own. I think my mam was in the house but it was just us in the living room watching TV.
And yeah, it was very controversial. Apparently not long after a man with a mental problem which gave him a much younger mental age committed suicide due to thinking banging pipes were ghosts like in the show.
You sit around here and you spin your little webs and you think the whole world revolves around you and your money. Well, it doesn't, Mr. Potter. In the whole vast configuration of things, I'd say you were nothing but a scurvy little spider!
Bob The Skutter is online now   Reply With Quote