View Single Post
Old October 26 2009, 03:19 AM   #123
Checkmate
Commodore

Re: The Plan - Grading & Discussion

Agent Richard0'Lantern wrote: View Post
Checkmate wrote: View Post
Yeah, that's something I never quite understood about the show. The Skinjobs were clearly not Cylons. They were just an off-shoot of Humanity who, after thousands of years of independent existence, developed a new form of technology that let them download their consciousness.
I was under the impression that the Kobolians created cylons who eventually banded together to become the 13th tribe. I never got the sense that they were just another group of humans on Kobol.
They bred, they were completely biological, they're sexually compatible with humans, they developed resurrection technology on their own at the end of their civilization, and they were wiped out by their own (robotic) Cylons.

I don't see how they could be robots in any way, shape or form other than the fact that they created resurrection technology and were able to create clones with unique personalities.

Somewhere in history, "Cylon" came to mean something different. Perhaps "Cylon" was originally a tribal name, like Capricans or Librans.