View Single Post
Old October 24 2009, 02:56 AM   #50
thew40
Commander

Re: Treking through all Star Trek

DevilEyes wrote: View Post

Pity, because, before the Moral Dilemma and Decision of the Week, the episode was very good and very charming, and Phlox was being nicely fleshed out.
This was actually what I really liked about the episode. I could live with the forgettable moral decision and all that, but Phlox was what made the episode good.

------

Series: Enterprise - Season One
Episode: “Vox Sola”
Trek Installment # 21
Grade: B
Viewing Date: September 30, 2009

I was actually very pleased with this episode. The crew encounter some serious aliens here. The easily offended Kreetassan are kinda fun. The web-monster was interesting too and it was very nice to have some conflict among Phlox, Reed, T’Pol, and Hoshi in regards to it. I really liked the scene with T’Pol and Hoshi where T’Pol tells her that she holds Hoshi to a higher standard. It was a nice moment, because it spoke of the amount of respect she has for Sato. Likewise, Phlox’s objection to Reed’s experimental force field use was appreciated.

Mayweather . . . well, someone had to say “I’m sorry.”

In addition to giving us some alien aliens (and some new regular good ol’ fashioned humanoid aliens), we’ve got a great chance to let the rest of the crew grow and develop – and react off each other. This was a good episode for it and I’m very pleased with it.

Treking Through All Star Trek
Watching all Star Trek in chronological order
thew40 is offline   Reply With Quote