View Single Post
Old October 22 2009, 01:31 PM   #96
DevilEyes
Rear Admiral

View DevilEyes's Twitter Profile
Re: The Plan - Grading & Discussion

kipron wrote: View Post
DevilEyes wrote: View Post
In other words, you vote that it's average because the explanations we got were not those you wanted?
No, I say it's average because it feels like the writers are being unnecessarily apologetic to their audience.

It's like, "look! there really was a Plan!" Even though there wasn't really.
I disagree, because 1) they should apologize to the audience and 2) they did not, as far as I can see.

Seriously... they're not trying to make out that there was any grand "Plan". I don't know where you're getting that idea - from the title? The movie itself shows that there was indeed, a plan...(well, duh... there always is one...) a very simple and not very good one, to destroy all the humans, and when it - of course - did not work (did they really think they'd succeed in wiping out 100% of a population at one stroke?!) Cavil just started improvising and coming up with desperate little "plans". In other words, the movie itself mocks the idea that there ever was some kind of grand "PLAN" and that the Cylons were oh so knowing and powerful and that they had everything mapped out, as people used to assume during season 1 and most of season 2.

Or, if you like theobabble (which the movie was refreshingly free of, and I find it a great relief), you might take the words from Cavil's poster literally despite himself, and postulate that the only big "plan" there was was "God's plan".

my Buffy/Angel rewatch