View Single Post
Old October 21 2009, 12:04 AM   #64
jefferiestubes8
Commodore

Re: What channel should a new Trek TV series be on?

T'Girl wrote: View Post
Burn Notice on USA isn't sci-fi, it's a comedy drama, but it show what kind of shows USA can put on with a limited ( under two million ) budget. Plus I only get basic - plus cable, and I want to see the show too!
I just checked Wikipedia for USA Network:
USA Network on basic cable, DirecTV, Dish Network
In 2004 NBC Universal officially took over as owner of USA
Ratings:
USA's 2008 average for P25-54 (1.33 million), P18-49 (1.30 million), total viewers (2.84 million) and households (2.11 million) is the highest ever for a basic cable network in Primetime. USA delivered more P25-54, P18-49, and total viewers than The CW in prime (Mon-Sun 8P-11P). This is the first time a cable network has beaten a broadcast network.
Well it shows that a primetime show could get a higher rating here than on CBS owned The CW Television Network.
I didn't know it when I started this poll/thread that
The [CW] network features a lineup of shows that, according to its President of Entertainment Dawn Ostroff, "appeal to women 18 to 34-years-old"
So that option is really out for Trek with a core male audience.

What do you guys think of this if CBS Television produces it and sells the US distribution for first run to USA Network?
Would USA Network be in any better position than SyFy for first run?
Who else would be a likely candidate in 2013 for CBS Television to license the first run to air it?
jefferiestubes8 is offline   Reply With Quote