View Single Post
Old October 19 2009, 12:09 PM   #29
CaptainSarine
Commander

Re: SW AU - A Glimmer of Hope

Nerys

Thanks for the comment.

IE, Leia having fun... Well, what can I say, Leia is a Skywalker and a Jedi and a pilot... The mixture means she is even more reckless than "Prince" Solo was in the 'real' world.

The Jedi Temple still stands, but it doesn't still hold any Jedi. The Emperor has been forced to keep it, but he has used it as a major propaganda tool, trying to twist the history of the Jedi and the Sith to his own devices using it.

Gojirob

Like you said, and per my comment to Nerys above, the Emperor couldn't do what he did in our reality with as much impunity. The Sith aren't as mysterious, since the Alliance have been fighting darkside trained forces for the past few years anyway, so things aren't as shadowy as they are in the 'real' world.

Thanks for your insightful comment!

Positronic

Glad you turned out to be right. In my initial draft/plan, I had Han as the Leia character (Rogue Leader) but it didn't seem different enough. I like this version of Han, a very different person with flashes of the rogueish smuggler we all know and love!

The Badger

Cool that you're enjoying this journey! And yes, Leia has a very different life - a Jedi, a pilot commander... Makes you wonder how this Luke will eventually turn out...