View Single Post
Old October 18 2009, 11:19 PM   #74
Niorah
Fleet Admiral

View Niorah's Twitter Profile
Re: Anybody else sick of Vampires?

I agree with Count Dracula, to a point.

I am a big vampire fan, have been for ages, and when -I- was a teenager I don't remember vampires to be as boring, pointless and vacuous as they are in Twilight, but I certainly remember them to be definitely seductive, sultry, sophisticated creatures that could get under your skin in more ways than one. And more attractive than scary, to be honest. Or maybe that's just me.

I love Coppola's Bram Stocker's Dracula, I love Nosferatu, I love Dracula (1931). I have seen so many vampire movies I can't remember them all (yes, Dracula 3000 brought tears to my eyes, in all the bad ways possible), and I can say that every time they decide to produce a new one I'm alwasy curious to see what they thought of.

Right now I have my eyes on The Vampire's Assistant, for example. It looks like it'll be tons of fun. I don't necessarily long for vampires to be portrayed as excessively scary monsters, I just want to see good entertainment that gives one of the most popular fantastic creatures the justice it deserves.

And as for my avatar, I just think Mr. Pattinson looks good in this particular picture.