View Single Post
Old October 16 2009, 11:05 PM   #2
I Am Groot
I Am Groot

Re: Interracial couple denied marriage license in Louisiana

Supreme Admiral wrote: View Post
"I don't do interracial marriages because I don't want to put children in a situation they didn't bring on themselves," Bardwell said. "In my heart, I feel the children will later suffer."
They very likely might experience some adversity growing up as the children of an interracial couple in Louisiana. Children of black couples, hispanic couples, or white couples might as well. Children of alcoholics, people with inheritable diseases, people with criminal records, and any number of other factors could experience potential problems growing up as well. Since you're all about "treating everyone equally," judge, you should start denying marriage licenses to any couple where their children might possibly face adversity growing up, which means everyone.

Great message too, by the way. When something is wrong with the world, just accept it as the way things are and give up on trying to change it, and then force your own personal convictions and cowardice on others in the guise of protecting the children.