Thread: Fitness Checkin
View Single Post
Old October 14 2009, 06:32 PM   #248
Gryffindorian
Vice Admiral

Re: Fitness Checkin

Wow, RAMA. You looked totally different back then. It's been said that people look a lot younger when they've lost some weight, and I can see that.

As for me, I've been able to keep my blood sugar within a desirable range. Yesterday I had my blood pressure taken, and it was within normal, too. That was a surprise, considering it always seems high whenever I go to the doctor.

I've been just a bit more "liberal" about my eating habits lately, although I try not to overindulge. When I go to Starbucks, I usually get the iced coffee (instead of the macchiatto or latte), and I just add Splenda and some half-and-half. I've been to a couple of restaurants in the past week or so but have ordered something light from the menu (mostly salads). I eat oatmeal or a bowl of cereal for breakfast, salad and/or half a sandwich for lunch, and a regular dinner (rice with meat and veggies). Fruit is part of my daily diet now.

I use my cardio machine at home for 30 minutes six to seven days a week. (One thing I never stop doing is exercise). I've also been using my Push-up handles, and I've noticed some improvement in upper body muscle tone.

What can I say? It's good to have lost some weight and my clothes have gotten much loose that I have to tighten my belt so my pants won't fall off.