View Single Post
Old October 10 2009, 02:15 PM   #14
jazzstick
Lieutenant Commander

Re: Electronic music in star trek

[QUOTE=Kegg;3475934]
jazzstick wrote: View Post
"I'll tell you what classical music is, for those of you who don't know. Classical music is this music that was written by a bunch of dead people a long time ago.
There are actually living classical composers so this is an incorrect assumption.

Give me a break, its stand the test of "OUR" time, besides like Frank said, its do different from pop.
Depends on the piece. The romantic repetoire has been around for over a hundred years, and baroque's even older. We don't know if anyone will listen to Frank Zappa a hundred years after his death, but we do know people listened to Mozart in a hundred years after his death. So projecting classical music into the future is just more logical.

I think it'd be fairer to say pop is no different from folk music and music hall jingles (item: who listens to the music hall hits of the late 1800s anymore?), but anyway.

so like today, stuffed shirts and elitist !@#$% can sit around on their fat white asses sipping overpriced booze feeling like their superior and sophisticated by looking like they know good music!
Hey!

I don't drink booze.

The point about jathatQUOTE]

Sure! There are people composing classical music today, but you can sure, untill they are dead, main stream society won't give two good flying !@#$% about them or their music! That's not a assumption, thats a fact! Again you "assume" that because classical music has been in "OUR" society that it will endure into the future, when you really have no basis for this fact! It could be polka or gangsta rap!(God forbid!) for all we know! Today, classical music is a weakening musical institution that our social "betters" are supporting and keeping alive to help propagate thier own culture and superiority. If classical music is around in the future then we can also assume that the bloated, corrupt, white elitist culture of the 19th, 20th and 21st centry would still be around controling things and keeping the other 90% of the population in check!

GOD YOU MAKE ME SICK!

Oh, and I don't beleive you when you say you don't drink!