View Single Post
Old October 10 2009, 01:57 PM   #13
Kegg
Rear Admiral

Re: Electronic music in star trek

jazzstick wrote: View Post
"I'll tell you what classical music is, for those of you who don't know. Classical music is this music that was written by a bunch of dead people a long time ago.
There are actually living classical composers so this is an incorrect assumption.

Give me a break, its stand the test of "OUR" time, besides like Frank said, its do different from pop.
Depends on the piece. The romantic repetoire has been around for over a hundred years, and baroque's even older. We don't know if anyone will listen to Frank Zappa a hundred years after his death, but we do know people listened to Mozart in a hundred years after his death. So projecting classical music into the future is just more logical.

I think it'd be fairer to say pop is no different from folk music and music hall jingles (item: who listens to the music hall hits of the late 1800s anymore?), but anyway.