View Single Post
Old October 10 2009, 03:32 AM   #475
milo bloom
Fleet Captain

Re: SG-U Air I and II (1x01/02) - (Discuss Grade | SPOILERS)

Well, took a while to get through this thread, but I wanted to make sure I didn't miss anything. I enjoyed the original movie way back when, and when I heard there was going to be a series with MacGyver of all people as the lead I was intrigued, but after a few episodes it didn't really grab me. Never even tried Atlantis, but for some reason the buzz for this caught my attention, and it was free on iTunes, so onto the iPod it went.

It's certainly right out of the SG universe, but different enough that I may watch a few more eps. As a nuBSG fan, I certainly appreciated the darker tone and the comment I read earlier about calling it Battlestar Voyager seems right on. Voyager betrayed it's premise way too soon, and as much as I loved BSG I can admit it didn't have the mass appeal to last very long. If they keep this on for long, I'd definitely like to seem them avoid finding "lost human colonies" way out there, and maybe even (like someone else said), come to the conclusion that they'll never get home and just start figuring out how to live.