- 25TH HOUR: White New Yorkers commit crimes against both law and ethics; feel bad for being caught, rather than for doing it at all.
- 300: Gays kill blacks.
- 8 MILE: White man successfully co-opts black culture to impress other whites.
- A CIVIL ACTION: Underqualified lawyer doesn’t listen to clients, royally botches case.
- A CONFEDERACY OF DUNCES: Social deviants make life difficult for genius.
- A CRY IN THE DARK: Dogs eat baby, confusion follows.
- ALIEN: Ship fails to deliver cargo, crew don’t get bonus.
- ALIENS: An unplanned pregnancy leads to complications.
- AMADEUS: Man with health problems receives help from rival.
- AN AMERICAN WEREWOLF IN LONDON: Tourist causes riot.
- ATLAS SHRUGGED: Selfish industrialist destroys economy.
- AUNTIE MAME: Spinster exposes child to sexual fetishists, socialists; thwarts marriage to good Republican girl.
- BATMAN: Wealthy man assaults the mentally ill.
- BEAUTY AND THE BEAST: Peasant girl develops Stockholm Syndrome.
- BENJI: Family abandons beloved pet, forcing it to engage in a dangerous cross-country journey.
- BEOWULF: Colonists hire assassin to drive natives from land.
- BIG TROUBLE IN LITTLE CHINA: Redneck trucker kills Chinese immigrants.
- BILLY ELLIOT: Union worker turns back on strikers for personal gain.
- BLADE: Obsessed loner stalks minority group.
- BLADE RUNNER: Man with no apparent skill stumbles into escaped robots, fails to kill most, fucks one.
- BLAKE’S 7: Terrorists fight government, die.
- BOOGIE NIGHTS: Deformed boy goaded into life of crime.
- BOTTLE ROCKET: Mentally unstable man fosters friend’s descent into mental instability, finds love.
- BREAKFAST AT TIFFANY’S: Pretty redneck girl fools socialites, flirts with gay gigolo.
- BREWSTER’S MILLIONS: Black man abuses line of credit.
- BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER: Teenage serial killer destroys town in fit of semi-religious fervor.
- CHANGE OF HABIT: Rock star regrets not looking closer at contract with movie studio.
- CHARLIE AND THE CHOCOLATE FACTORY: Deranged pedophile big-business industrialist tortures and mutilates young children.
- CHASING AMY: Homosexuality proved to be passing fancy and sign of sexual deviance.
- CHEERS: Alcoholic cuts lime in bar as penance for his womanizing ways.
- CHINATOWN: Father desires closer relationship with his children.
- CHRISTMAS VACATION: Incestuous relatives teach family the meaning of Christmas.
- CLERKS: Aimless loser remains in dead-end job, abusive “friendship.”
- CLOAK AND DAGGER: Spoiled teens discover drugs make them special.
- CONAN THE BARBARIAN: Petty thief murders religious leader.
Of special interest to Trekkers:
- STAR TREK THE MOTION PICTURE: Megalomaniac can’t let go of past glory, drives successor to suicide.
- STAR TREK III: Military officers steal vessel and destroy it to eliminate a handful of enemies while engaged on an extremely vague rescue mission.
- STAR TREK IV: Interplanetary fugitives poach wildlife from a past age to cover up an act of genocide.
- STAR TREK VI: Racist military commander past his prime nearly ruins galactic peace.
Browncoats, watch out:
: In an analogue of the post-Civil War west, a white man on the losing side bosses around a black woman.
: Men fight for possession of scantily clad mentally ill teenage girl.
Uncomfortable Plot Summaries