Thread: Furries
View Single Post
Old October 7 2009, 02:33 AM   #9
J. Allen
I Only Want To Know

Send a message via ICQ to J. Allen Send a message via AIM to J. Allen Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to J. Allen Send a message via Yahoo to J. Allen
Re: Furries

The Dead Nations wrote: View Post
To be honest, I think people who have a fascination with anthropomorphic animals in risque situations are a bit messed up. You're basically getting turned on by an animal. It's not too far off from bestiality. As far as I'm concerned, it's in the same ballpark as people who are into shotacon and lolicon. You aren't actually screwing around with animals (or children), but you seem to be turned on by the thought, and that does worry me.
Where did you acquire that information? What sources? There is far more to furry fandom than sexuality. In fact, being a furry is easy; all you have to do is express an interest in anthropomorphic animals or animals with human sentience. For example; Mickey mouse, Bugs Bunny, Sonic the Hedgehog.

What popularized the idea of furries and sex has much to do with a particular episode of CSI called "Fur and Loathing in Las Vegas". Like all such shows, things like that need to be taken with a huge grain of salt. They're not out for truth, they're out for ratings and controversy.

As for connections with children, it has been shown that a large number of pedophiles have also been Trek fans. Is there a connection? Apparently. Is it fair to the 99% of Trek fans who express no such interest in children? No, it isn't fair.

Bestiality? In what way? We're animals ourselves. We're a part of the species homo sapiens and are simply bipedal primates. What you're thinking of is an attraction to feral animals. Keep in mind, that (and I've said this before) we're on a Star Trek board where people have expressed interest in having sex with green skinned Orions, Klingons, Vulcans, Romulans, Trills, Andorians, and all manner of species. It has been said that "yes, but these are people in makeup", and so I say anthropomorphic animals are merely people in fur/feathers/scales. The sentience is there, unlike in bestiality where the animals is feral and non-sentient/self aware.

J.
"If you'd come today you would've reached a whole nation. Israel in 4 B.C. had no mass communication. " - Judas, Jesus Christ Superstar
J. Allen is offline   Reply With Quote