View Single Post
Old October 5 2009, 09:57 AM   #18
George Bailey
The Revd's Oldman

View George Bailey's Twitter Profile
Re: Good Urban Fantasy?

Technobuilder wrote: View Post
^Let us know how that is if you would Bob.

The Dresden Files
is probably my favorite book series period at this very moment, with The Codex Alera a close second, BUT I'm not as well read as most people here, so grain of salt and all that.

I recently started reading the Quincey Morris & Elizabeth Chastain Investigations series by Justin Gustainis, and I really enjoyed those as well.
Book 1: Black Magic Woman
Book 2: Evil Ways (Includes a Dresden Files Crossover Scene as well)
Book 3: Sympathy for the Devil (should be out soon)

Be aware that The Dresden Files is a planned 23 book series and book 12 comes out this April, it's a hell of a ride so far, and it ain't close to being over yet.

Jim is also releasing a Short Story Anthology of the complete Dresden Files Short Stories published thus far and a few new ones as well. So that's definitely something to look for and pick up if you get farther into the series proper.
Sure, but it might be a while before I get round to it, I'm currently re-reading Codex Alera before Book 6 comes out.

I agree with you about Dresden Files, but your caveat would be true for me too.
You sit around here and you spin your little webs and you think the whole world revolves around you and your money. Well, it doesn't, Mr. Potter. In the whole vast configuration of things, I'd say you were nothing but a scurvy little spider!
George Bailey is offline   Reply With Quote