View Single Post
Old October 5 2009, 08:26 AM   #16
Bob The Skutter
Complete Arse Cleft

View Bob The Skutter's Twitter Profile
Re: Good Urban Fantasy?

Klagg wrote: View Post
Skutter(deceased) wrote: View Post
The Dresden Files just gets better as it goes along, in my opinion. Hope you enjoy the rest of them.

I read The Devil You Know the first Felix Castor novel by Mike Carey which I enjoyed enough to go out and buy the other three, but I haven't got round to the others yet. It's about a freelance exorcist and investigator called Felix Castor working in London.
I am also a big fan of urban fantasy and must second the Felix Castor novels. The fourth and fifth books in the series are out in the UK and I had them shipped overseas so I did not have to wait.

Another tact you might want to take as a Dresden Files fan is to get the Mean Streets anthology. There is a Dresden Files short story in it with three other shorts. Be warned, though, you should not read this anthology until after Small Favor.
^2 of those 3 are in series I recommended too. Nightside and Remy Chandler.

I've just bought Child Of Fire which was recommended by Jim Butcher in a podcast, it just arrived on saturday so I haven't got round to reading it yet.
You sit around here and you spin your little webs and you think the whole world revolves around you and your money. Well, it doesn't, Mr. Potter. In the whole vast configuration of things, I'd say you were nothing but a scurvy little spider!
Bob The Skutter is online now   Reply With Quote