View Single Post
Old October 4 2009, 09:21 PM   #217
ISP Zombie
Commodore

View ISP Zombie's Twitter Profile
Re: Movies Seen in 2009

soranisevil wrote: View Post
Wow. How do you guys remember all the films you've seen this year?

Here's what I saw recently besides STAR TREK haha

1. Sorority Row
2. Halloween II
3. District 9
4. Transformers 2
5. (500) Days of Summer -- Love Love Love this movie
6. Jennifer's Body
7. Monster vs. Aliens
8. Cloudy with a chance of meatballs

on dvd:
Amusement ---HORRIBLE
Marley and Me
Fast and furious

And i'm definitely buying Star Trek in November and I've pre-ordered Red Roses and Petrol which comes out on Oct 13th. It has Greg Ellis in it aka Chief Engineer Olson from JJ Abrams Star Trek. It also has Malcolm McDowell in it aka Dr Soran... and even though he killed Kirk I'm still going to buy the movie. It looks good.

Oh and I can't wait to see THIS IS IT in theaters in OCT!!! RIP MJ
Wow... it's coming out that soon... I thought that it would be coming out in December. I'd love to get that movie as well (Star Trek). It was one of the best movies that I've seen so far this year.

I saw two movies recently that were pretty good. Frost/Nixon and Capitalism: A Love Story (see this one... it's worth seeing -- heck it scared the hell out of me, seeing what those foreclosure people and all that are up to with people's money and stuff...).

Now onto the reviews...

Frost/Nixon -- Good acting by both Sheen and Langella. Before watching the movie -- I didn't know that David Frost didn't do that much preparation for the interview. And that it was the people that he worked with, who did a lot of the work before hand. He was a self-promoter in a lot of ways... getting ahold of the contacts and such. It took Richard Nixon getting ahold of him personally -- in the middle of the night -- for him to finally get up and do some real research himself (at least in the film -- which was probably dramatized for effect).

The last day of the interview is when he finally put Nixon on the ropes, so to speak. He (Nixon) was forced to admit his own wrong doing and all that. In the end, this movie is worth the watch -- both as a historical look at the events and as a look at how the actors portrayed these two men.

I give it a score of 8/10 [B+]

Capitalism: A Love Story -- A good movie that shows just what capitalism really is (at least nowadays). One big scam. Go see it -- it's worth the watch. Put aside your own views and take what you need and leave the rest.

There is some humor amongst the film's more serious issues at hand... and from what I could tell (I went to the premiere with a friend), most people liked it. Heck they even cheered during parts, booed during other parts and clapped during parts as well. It's a really involving piece.

I give it a score of 9/10 [A-]

As for Star Trek -- it was a real joy to see. Such nostalgia yet such fun. [A+]

The X-Files: I Want To Believe (director's cut) -- I saw this one again over at a friend's house (saw it at a local theater last year). And I liked it better than I did before. Sure it's not perfect, but it's decent enough. I've seen worse movies. [B+]
ISP Zombie is offline   Reply With Quote